Kadokawa has revealed a teaser for the “Mushikaburi-hime” (Bibliophile Princess) anime adaptation of Yui and Satsuki Shiina’s light novel series, and also revealed some new cast.
New cast members include:
The previously announced cast includes:
- Reina Ueda as Lady Elianna Bernstein
- Ryohei Kimura as Prince Christopher Selkirk Ashelard
- Kouki Uchiyama as Alexei Strasser
- Yuma Uchida as Gren Eisenach
- Wataru Hatano as Theodore Warren Ashelard
- Gen Sato as Alan Ferrera
Main production team:
- Directed by: Tarou Iwasaki
- Screenwriter: Mitsutaka Hirota
- Character designer: Mizuka Takahashi
- Yuka Iguchi will perform the opening song “Prologue”
- Kashitaro Ito will perform the ending song “Kawabyoshi” (Leather Binding)
The anime will premiere on October 6 on AT-X, Tokyo MX, Kansai TV, and BS NTV.
When scheming lady Elianna discovers that Prince Christopher – betrothed in her name – is dating another noble, she realizes that recent rumors must be true. The prince already has someone he really loves, which means annulment of their engagement is inevitable and fast approaching. What she doesn’t realize is that this is just a tiny conspiracy in the vast ocean — beyond her imagination!
The series has been serialized on the Shosetsuka ni Naro (Let’s Be Novelists) website since September 2015. Yui Kikuta launched a manga adaptation in Ichijinsha’s Monthly Comic Zero-Sum magazine in August 2018.